Friday, January 4, 2013

More Creativity Warm-Ups

How are you doing on your intentions for the new year so far? I know it's only January 4 and we just finished the last of the cranberry sauce last night, but so far so good. I'm glad to making short creativity warm-ups a mindful part of my day again.


Here's what I did yesterday. I've seen this exercise before, but was reminded of it in Carla Sonheim's book Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists. Bascially, you make some quick scribbles on  page then add features to those scribbles.

Come on, you know you can do it! You've been finding faces in clouds since you were a kid. Give it a try, and leave a comment to tell me what you got. I'm calling mine "Dragon defies holiday pounds" and "Not A Snob."

Added after lunch: Remind me how many repetitions it takes before a new habit takes hold? I forgot to add the email subscription info again again this morning.

And for periodic news about upcoming classes and eCourses, shows, creativity exercises, and a few fun freebies, please use the form below to subscribe to my email list. I promise not to share your address or litter your inbox with too-frequent mailings.



Thank you for reading Two Red Threads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!