Monday, January 16, 2012

Near Perfect Conditions

Lighting for videos and studio photography is a constant struggle for me. But this weekend we got lucky and had near-perfect conditions for photographing outside on Friday for a studio workshop. The day was cold, but the light was ideal. The rock-in-snow image above found its way into a painting demo.


Lynn  used fabric paint, markers and thread to transform an image she shot and printed in black-and-white.


We kept tabs on progress in Bill's rustic furniture shop through the weekend, and found this extension-cord doodle in the sawdust on the floor.


That image worked well for a demonstration of the Picnik/Spoonflower interface. I did a little extra work in Gimp and got this fabric design.


Click the link to see what it looks like as a repeating pattern. This design isn't for sale yet, but my Persimmon Pudding fabric is.

There are other things at the top of my to-do list today, so finishing the rock heart piece will have to wait. I might even get a picture then.

I hope you have near perfect conditions for whatever is on your to-do list this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!