Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Another Type of Black Hole Project

I've written before about the Black Hole in my studio -- a small bin where I stash odd bits and pieces of fabric for quick gifts and creativity exercises. On my desk, there's another black hole. That one's "a region of space from which nothing, including light, can escape." And I'm tired of losing stuff in it.

I have two small black books where I stash important stuff. I know it's old school, but it's a system that works for me. Except when I can't find the books.So I finally did something about it. In less time than I've spent searching for them in that black hole over the years, I got two non-black book covers made.


For this one I used some of the swatches I order to proof my own Spoonflower fabric designs.

This one uses one of the Spoonflower color guide swatches, which you can learn about on the Spoonflower help page. One dollar and shipping is free.

Such a deal. And so much easier to spot amidst the cosmic debris field on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!