Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reinventing The Wheel

You probably have a go-to color wheel, the one you reach for automatically. But my old wheel is looking a little flat now that I'm using Joen Wolfrom's Ultimate 3-in-1 Color Tool.


I bought this color tool for the same reason videos go viral and aging parents finally decide to upgrade to the good walker with the big wheels and seat: I heard about it from a friend. Thanks, Ellen!

The 3rd edition includes CMYK and RGB color formulas, which is really handy when working with palettes in Gimp. For the record, I have no affiliation with the author or the publisher.


If you need some incentive to explore palettes, take a few minutes to check out the 22 pages of entries in Spoonflower's current fabric of the week contest -- bird fabrics based on a palette limited to black, white, Spoonflower blue, and one color of the designer's choosing. Go directly here to see the entries and cast your vote.

Now if you'll excuse me, the only colors I'm thinking about right now are Packer green and gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!