Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thought Loops



In many ways, I'm more interested in ancient technologies than in modern ones. Right now, though, I'm wishing I'd learned to use the video setting on the digital camera when we first got one. Then I might have thought to get motion pictures of this man throwing a cast net in the Everglades.

The piece I'm working on right now has a figure I want to be casting a net, and I'm having trouble picturing which hand the net would release from. It's not a problem for the piece, which isn't meant to be that realistic. But like a song that gets stuck in your head, I can't seem to get this movement resolved so it keeps replaying.

On the whole, if I'm going to keep running a thought loop, I'm happy enough to have it be something interesting like "How would I throw a cast net?" It beats, "Did I turn off the iron?"

Know any good cures for earworms and thought loops?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!