Sunday, June 6, 2010

Time Out

Over the weekend, my sister-in-law and I had a chance to take a time-out (the good kind, not the naughty kind). We spent time in the studio sampling some ideas and just plain playing.

Bless her heart, she brought up a whole-cloth quilt she made in plain fabric so we could (gulp) hack it into pieces for sampling. The gulp is mine: I have no problem chopping up my own stuff. Neither did she. But it was so pretty all by itself, I almost didn't want to cut it.


 I got over it, though, and we had the best time playing with possibilities.

Now it's back to putting the finishing touches on upcoming classes and (count 'em) three soon-to-be-published e-books. With teaching travel starting this week, it will be July before I can get back to the ideas that came from this sampling session. But in the meantime, ideas are incubating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!