Friday, November 27, 2009

What's In A Name Tote Bag


This week I was scrambling to get stuff done before Thanksgiving and almost forgot: I needed two small gifts. It’ll take me longer to write a tutorial than it did to make them, so I’ll save that for another day. For now, here are the high points:

Look up the meaning of the recipient’s name, use a search engine to find that meaning translated into Chinese characters, combine the name elements into one graphic, print the graphic on translucent inkjet heat transfer paper, use an iron to transfer it to a pre-made tote bag, and wrap in recycled fabric and ribbon. Done.

I’ll just give you a heads up on a product you might want to have on hand for last-minute gifts like these. I’m devoted to Dharma Trading Company’s inkjet transfer papers. I use Dharma’s Professional paper #IJP8 on woven fabrics like the What’s In A Name tote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!