Friday, December 7, 2012

Registration Open for Cross-Knit Looping eCourse

It's official: Registration is open for the my newest eCourse, Cross-Knit Looping. The technique is sometimes called Coptic knitting, Tarim stitch or Viking knit (that's right -- the fine silver jewelry is the same structure). Cross-knit is part of a large family of looping techniques. It can look so much like stockinette stitch that early artifacts were often misidentified as knitting. But it's pure looping: The entire length of the thread is pulled through on each stitch, and it can't unravel like knitting.

Click to go to eCourse registration
Cross-Knit Looping runs January 15-February 28, 2013. Here's a short video trailer I made for the eCourse.


There's more info and you can register for the class here.

 Like other forms of looping, cross-knit can stand entirely on its own. But it marries so beautifully with knitting, crochet, weaving and felt that I've included some fusion projects in the course. And I think handspinners and dyers will absolutely love this technique.

Cross-knit looping sun tea jar cozy and water bottle caddy (with felt)
Knit neck warmer with cross-knit looping placket and buttons
I really need a model to photograph instead of trying to shoot myself in the mirror. Incidentally, these pictures show projects done with my naturally dyed yarns. There are yarns straight from my LYS used in the course, as well.

Donna's project bag -- knitting, crochet, and cross-knit looping
One of my Sievers students this fall (Roseann?) asked for a recipe (in lieu of a pattern) for the drawstring project bag pictured above. I'll post that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!