Thursday, July 26, 2012

Only An Apron Would Do

Just in the nick of time, today I finished a piece for an exhibition that will be held during the Wisconsin Women's Studies and LGBTQ Conference in October. I don't know if my piece will be included, because I exceeded the size restriction. But once I got it in my head to make an apron, nothing else "approximately 13 inches square" seemed it would do.


In many cultures, aprons are still much more than functional garments used to protect clothing. They play important symbolic roles, as well. However much power is imbued in these symbolic garments, though, I sincerely hope we do not return to a time when they are our best form of protection.

A preview of other work created for the show can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!