Saturday, November 12, 2011

How Do You Explain To The Neighbors?

This was a week for simmering, dipping, wrapping, rinsing, ironing, and catching the light to get pictures of more willow-dyed scarves to go in my Etsy shop.

This afternoon, I cleaned up a bit and got Bill to take a picture of me in the willow bed. There's a local show coming up next week, and I needed a photo to for some PR.


Shows like this give me a chance to tell the neighbors what that is growing behind my house. And why I grow it. And how cool it is. I even get to throw in "sustainable" and "renewable."

How do you explain your obsessions to the neighbors?







2 comments:

  1. The scarf is lovely.... so subtle.

    Most of my neighbors are, fortunately, as eccentric as I am. I've known many of them for 30+ years so we have become quite accepting of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean to give the impression that my neighbors are unlovely (not the case), incurious (not the case), or lacking in eccentricity (definitely not the case!). We just end up talking about other things besides how we make a living, and then one day it comes up and you get (or say), "I had no idea you did that."

    Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!