Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Spoonflower Silk and Other Loose Ends

If you get Two Red Threads in a reader or by e-mail, you might have missed some of the fun stuff that shows up on the sidebars. Here's a quick heads up on a few Loose Ends.


Scroll down the page at Two Red Threads and you'll find The Loose Ends box in the far right sidebar. This box contains posts from blogs I subscribe to in my own reader. It shows the five items I most recently tagged to share, things I think Two Red Threads readers would enjoy or find inspiring.

At the top of the list right now is a link to Spoonflower's announcement that they now offer custom-printed silk crepe de chine. Below that are two items from a series on drawing that began recently in the New York Time's Opinionator blog. Below that is a fascinating post from Japanese Textile Workshops on how persimmon tannin is used in textile dyeing. The fifth item in the box is a digital fabric of the week post from True Up on wedding invitation hankies. Just click on any of those items and it will take you to the original post.

At the bottom of the box where it says "View All" is a link to Google Reader. There you will find older items I tagged to share -- everything from a post on medieval hair nets to how to design repeat patterns in Photoshop Elements.

I'd like to hear what posts from Loose Ends you find most interesting. Hit the comment button below this post to share your favorite, and be sure to include a name (it can be a nickname, if you wish to remain mysterious on the internet). Next week I'll draw a winner from the commentors, and post it here. The winner will get a free copy of my book New Age Looping and bragging rights.

If you want to hear what even more people like from Loose Ends, you might hit the Facebook share button at the top of this post and invite your friends to join in the conversation. I can't wait to hear what you all choose!

6 comments:

  1. Bwah! I can't see anything in the right hand column (except your welcome and profile) I'll have to poke around a bit and see if I accidentally hit a button to turn some features off . . . you know that I love your blogs. Someday I want to be a real artist just like you and have my own blog . . . only wish I could find your dedication and energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eileen and Jacki!

    Jacki, thanks for letting me know about your trouble loading the sidebars. In addition to Loose Ends, there are boxes with links to previous posts, links to other blogs, links to subscription options, and a box that links to e-books I sell on Scribd.com. You might try refreshing the page and giving it a bit more time to load to see the rest of the goodies and widgets in the sidebar. Please let me know if that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe its because of my dialup speed or status . . . I tried all sorts of things to no avail. There is a small "empty" box below your profile box, but nothing else below. Even when I refresh the page, nothing changes. I'll try tomorrow at work when I have high speed DSL, and the boss on vacation and not looking over my shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacki, I did a bit more research and wonder if the problem is in the browser. Flash and javascript elements like (I think) these widgets may not run on an older browser. Turns out it's not just magic after all, although there may be smoke and mirrors involved. I'll put up a post with a link that everyone should be able to see. Thanks again for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, i love this. You are gently guiding me into this world of blogging. Now I have to make sure I don't get lost in it. I love Red threads already. Life is still busy here.

    Kathy of the Island,

    ReplyDelete

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!