Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Image Transfer Jewelry: The E-books




For a while now, I've been wanting to find more ways to present some of the material I teach. I love teaching, and my students have a great time learning techniques and exploring ideas. But even my most devoted students (bless your hearts) can never take every class I offer. So now I'm offering some of my classes as e-books. The first three are online at Scribd.com.


In Blooming Image Transfers, you'll learn to create floral jewelry using iron-on image transfers on fabric. The e-book includes 4 full pages of images for you to print on inkjet heat transfer paper, and step-by-step instructions for making pins, necklaces and cuff-style bracelets.


Gifts In A Snap shows you how to make jewelry gifts from T-shirt transfers. This book contains 18 image elements sized for you to print on one sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" inkjet heat transfer paper, plus step-by-step instructions on how to turn a transfer into the gift of wearable art.


Moving Pictures also uses image transfers to create wearable art that celebrates the ladies of silent film. The e-book includes 10 printable image elements sized for you to print on two 8-1/2" x 11" sheets of inkjet heat transfer paper, plus complete step-by-step instructions for making a cuff-style bracelet. A bonus project shows how to turn your samples into brooches.

The e-books are $9.95 each. Free preview pages let you know exactly what materials are needed to complete the projects before you buy the e-book. You can sign into Scribd with just your Facebook account, or join Scribd (it's free), and pay with a credit card. Once you purchase a title, you can view it online or download the document as a PDF. I've set things up so there's a printer-friendly summary page, so you can print just that to keep with your WIP (along with the images you'll print on inkjet heat transfer paper).

The best part of a class is always seeing how different students interpret the material. I hope you'll send in pictures of pieces you make from these projects and allow me to post them here. You can email JPG images to me at donnastitches[at]gmail[dot]com.

Stay tuned as I add more e-books in the months ahead. And let me know if there's a title you want moved to the top of my to-do list!

1 comment:

  1. GO DONNA! I think the e-books are beyond cool. I can't believe you went from dial up internet to blogger and e-book publisher in no time flat.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!