Friday, May 28, 2010

Full Moon

This time of year, I love waking up at dawn with bird sounds and sunlight streaming in the window. I'm not quite so fond of waking up in the wee small hours to the light of the full moon. It isn't as bright tonight as when snow covers the ground, but it is beautiful outside.

It was a night like this when I got to thinking about a variation on Moving Pictures, an image transfer jewelry class I'm teaching this year at Bead & Button. The Friday class is sold out, but there's still room in the evening section that was added for Wednesday, June 9.


The class celebrates the ladies of silent film. For fun, I made a cuff bracelet that celebrates Twilight, a contemporary series of books and movies. The teenager who mucks horse stalls for my neighbor got her hooked on the books, she passed them along to me, and we all went to the last movie together. We plan to see the next installment when it comes out at the end of June. That is, if I live that long. Vampire gnats attacked again yesterday while I was weeding, and the blood loss was severe.

I'm thinking I need to make a Gone With The Wind cuff, too. When I was a kid, that classic made the rounds of movie theaters about every 10 years, and I got to see it on the big screen. We didn't go to lots of movies, so it was a big deal -- and a wonderful memory.

At 4 am, ideas like this are almost as dangerous as infomercials. I'm starting to think I need jewelry to celebrate both The Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your bracelets. Sometimes, not often, wish I was still working just so I could wear one of your bracelets. Sometimes, but the mood passes. Now that I'm retired, dont have much chance to dress up with jewelry and such. Oh well, we do have to make sacrifices, dont we. Although one of those bracelets would look good with capris and casual shirts dont you think.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!