Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gimping -- Again

Did you notice back in February the lack of progress in my plan to master the free alternative to Photoshop called Gimp? I'll admit it got a little overwhelming. I had a few light bulb moments, but they didn't feel quite post-worthy. In short, the exploration was helpful but far from complete. And I'll confess: For most of what I do, especially when I'm in a hurry, I'm still falling back on my old software, which is more limited but familiar.

So guess what appeared in my Google Reader tonight: Sharon Boggon from Pin Tangle is doing an online class called Gimp For Textile Designers at Joggles.com. It starts July 7. Six weeks, sixty bucks. I'm already registered.

The do-it-yourself approach in February felt like going through the wardrobe into Narnia. Nothing was familiar. I'm glad to have a guide for my next visit.

Anybody want to meet me at the lamppost?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has moved to http://donnakallnerfiberart.com. I hope you'll join the conversation there!